Monday 17 March 2014

Pair of MC Club chairs

SOLD : Pair of MC Club chairs 

 

I decided to revisit this pair, as I was totally in love but hating the area of fill on one of the arms which was way to dark.  I decided to remove it and inspect the underlying damage to see if that was less distracting than the dark fill.  In the end though I decided to color-match some new fill.  It had done exactly as I hope.   It's doesn't take away the fact that there is damage there but it does soften it on the eye. 

Thursday 6h February 


After a little spit and polish, okay I substituted leather cleaner and conditioner for the spit part; these chairs are looking fantastic.  If only I knew who made them.

I trawled Google for hours trying to find a similar pair to try and identify the maker with no luck.. The search continues.  They are beautifully constructed so it was obviously a high end maker.  I love the simple lines and as usual wanted to keep them but with limited room it's really not an option.