Thursday 21 February 2013

Oak detailed daybed

SOLD : Oak detailed daybed.


I loved the shape of this daybed the moment I saw it.  Very simple but very elegant.  I liked the angles particularly from the front where the up sweep of the seat meets the front legs.



In the end I decided to keep things simple, so I went with one of my favorite fabrics from Textilia (seddon range, colour : Cave). This way she can sit just about anywhere and be accented with throws & cushions to match other colour schemes. This was a dream piece to work with and I will definitely be keeping my eye out for similar, wish I new who made it. Hopefully I get to hold on to and enjoy it for a little while.   






 Tuesday 19th February


 Over the last few days I have been woking away at taking off the old covers and checking all the internal bits & pieces.  I was really pleased to see that the spring system was in top condition as was the foam.  The structure was sound with no sign of any of the nasties, borer, water damage, rot.  In fact apart from the covers and a little sanding love for the wood she was and is in great condition. 

Sunday 17th February


Picked up this daybed today.  Lovely little oak details, obviously it needs recovering.  The bones are good, no borer and all the springs feel firm but that will get further inspection once the covers come off.  I need to find the perfect fabric... I think a trip to my usual fabric haunts is in order. I have one particular fabric I saw the other day in mind.  I hope it is still available.  I tend to not buy shorter cuts as I usually need at least 5-7m but in this case 3-4m will cover it, literally. Fingers crossed. Got to love days like today.