Sunday 3 March 2013

Danske Møbler rocking chairs

SOLD: Danske Møbler rocking chairs.


 

The chairs are complete and I'm loving their new look. The subtle two tone, the sharp finish to the upholstery design, the fabric I found for the cushions, the wood bases all spic and span. These certainly are a fine pair, and the photos speak for themselves except for how comfortable they are.






Friday 1st March


These girls are taking some work but it's getting closer.  Just a few more bits and pieces to do and they will be ready to rock. I thought about it for a while and decided to stick with the dual fabric thing they had going on, but I did tone it all down a bit.

I managed to save some of the flower power fabric to be used at some stage for something else (and I wonder why I have no room in the workshop duh!)  I chose two grey fabrics from Textilia.  I also got some fab material for a pair of cushions to accompany them.  Can't wait to see this pair finished... a. so I can relax in one of them and b. I don't think my back can take much more :-)


Tuesday 26th February




It has taken the best part of five hours just to remove the old covers from the first chair (and the hundreds of staples that attached them).  Finally the bare bones were revealed and it’s pretty much all good news.  

The frames are well constructed and in great condition.  The spring system in the seat is strong with no signs of damage. The arms will need a new application of foam where the old had perished.  The bases will need sanding but the ‘rocker spring is looking good and strong with no cracks or other signs of wear.  The second chair will need the full  inspection but I’m guessing it will be in the same or better condition as it appears to be the less used of the two.  It currently looks like I have a small pile of fire kindling in my workshop but hope fully in a few days they should be back to their former glory.    

 Saturday 16th February


I love these, and am feeling really bad about the fact that I am going to change the fabric.  It's almost a 50/50.  The vinyl has to go it's damaged in a number of places but I just love the 'flower power' (although I'm sure not to everyones taste).
 
Comfy as a comfy thing from comfyville with their high backs, deep cushions and gentle rocking motion.  Both rocking mechanisms are in good condition and give just enough rock to put you off to sleep. The wood base frames (love the shape, very DM) need a little attention and once the covers come off the internals need a check.  I haven't had or seen a pair of these before and kinna want to keep 'em (nothing new there then).