Wednesday 20 February 2013

Fred Lowen Fler Lounge Chairs

Current Listing : Fred Lowen Fler Lounge Chairs

View Trade Me Listing


Well hello ladies:  You can almost hear them have a little sigh of relief as once again they are getting the admiration they are used to.  The covers came together well and I love the contrast of the off white against the dark frames. Soft and comfy with the Fler spring system and the new spring guards (labels transferred).  They are once again ready to take the limelight.







Monday 18th February

The second frame came up a treat and I had the chance to look at my fabric selection.  In the end I decided to go with a thick luxurious fabric from Warwick.  It's off white tone with contrast brilliantly against the rich deep tone in the frames.  Once the old covers were off I was not happy with the life left in the seat cushions so that has been changed for new but the back cushions were in great condition so those have remained.  I should be able to get on to the new covers tomorrow.  Can't wait to see them all done.

Saturday 17th February



Loved getting on to the Fler chairs today.  I took both apart to reset the loose joints.  With the old covers off I could see the metal frame. All the springs are intact and in great condition, no rusting which they so commonly have.  I got one frame back together and polished, as suspected it looks in great original 'vintage' condition.  I'll get on to the other one tomorrow and select/find the fabric. 


Saturday 16th February


Just had these Flers delivered.  I've had a pair of these before and love them.  Obviously from the same era and ethos as the SC55 & SC58.  This pair is in great condition. The coating needs a good clean, touch up & polish, the armrest need resetting but overall condition is so good I'm going to keep them as is.  The upholstery needs changing so I'll need to have a good think about that one but I was delighted to see they both still have their original labels. I seem to be in chair paradise at the moment.