Sunday 17 June 2012

The lighting fetish continues

Personal Collection  Pair of ´Iota´ table lights by Hikaru Mori 

My lighting lust was sated just a touch this week as I picked up a pair of Iota table lights by Hikaru Mori.  


A slight side step from my usual eye candy, but I loved the simplicity combined with the multi use design.  Choose your mood... a gentle ambient glow, or a reading spot light.  These were designed in 1994 for Nemo Italianan Luce. Although they reference fully to their Japanese heritage, I can't help it, something about them pulls up long lost vision of me hiding behind the couch so the darleks wouldn't get me.  I guess this just goes to show how we each bring our own lifetime of experience to any item of design & art we meet.  So when we in turn create, we can only bring ourselves, and each viewer will have an original conversation with what we have said.