Thursday 7 November 2013

7 piece 60's dining suite.

SOLD: 7 Piece Dining Suite.


My shoulder feels like it is about to fall off but boy is it worth it.  I knew the Esquire Teal fabric would pop the mahogany frames but even I am impressed.  It sits so well together.  All the new webbing work has brought back the chairs comfort.  I couldn't be happier.







 Saturday 9th November



I love naked furniture... strip it back to it's perfect bones and start again.  All the chair frames have been sanded and two small repairs made.  All the old upholstery & webbing has been removed and today it's time to start building them back up again. Time to bring them back to life... here we go. 

Thursday 7th November




 Salmon was never my favorite colour and it does little favor for these dining chairs.    There is a little work to do, some of the joints in the chairs need resetting and of course some new upholstery. There is webbing work to do and the old coating needs to be removed and some fresh coat of oil to be applied. The table is in remarkable condition but I think it has been resprayed as some point.

Once a little TLC and elbow grease are used it should be a fantastic set. I started today, removing all seats and backs.  I removed all the old coating. Tomorrow should see the frames start to be sanded, joints reset and removing all the old covers.  These are going to be recovered in a teal toned wool blend fabric.  They are going to pop.