Sunday 3 November 2013

60's style daybed.

SOLD: 60's style daybed.


I ended up doing a few more tweaks today, and grabbed a little brighter weather to take some more pics. Gonna be hard to see this one go.





  
Thursday 7th November

The last stages took a little longer than I expected but she's almost done.  The webbing is in, the upholstery done and the new oil coating has all the grain gleaming as it should.  In the end I couldn't resist the call of both fabrics.  The underneath of the main squab uses the Esquire:Teal, so if you flip it over there is a two tone option.  Loving it.



 Sunday 3rd November


The daybed is really coming together now.  The frame is more or less together and looking great.  The new webbing has to go in and the new foam for the backrest.  I'm still debating which fabric to use but I'm being swayed more and more to the Esquire:Teal.  It will give it such a pop of colour and set off the tones of both timbers.

Friday 1st November


I started work on this 60's styled daybed a while ago.  It's been a slowly does it kind of project.  It's all solid oak & teak, with the wood freshly sanded all the stunning grain was revealed & I'm getting excited about giving it that first rewarding coat of oil (it's the little things in life :-). I love the splayed line of the legs and the way the shape is used again in the back supports.  The strut placement visually links through to the subtle cutout in the front frame and up to the upholstered back. 

It's getting seat webbing, spring cover & foam.  I'm still debating fabrics.  I have one of my favorites, Bastion:Kingfisher, or a fantastic wool blend called Esquire:Teal both from Textilia. Choices... choices.