Monday 25 November 2013

60's/70's Sideboard

SOLD: 60's/70's  Sideboard


Honestly how many times can I change my mind?  I did want to keep this, but & it's a big but, anyone that has collected from me will know that space here is at a premium.  I really have no idea why this one endeared itself so much. There is just something about it.






I'm not sure what it is about this boy but I think it may be the mix of woods, the combination of handles, of course the storage space and all the horizontal construction lines against the vertical lines of the wood grain. Ahh I don't know I just hope he goes to a home where he's appreciated.  This one has got into my head no doubt.

He was given a full clean (yes it involved Q-tips) and a little polish up.  Of course there was a debate about a full strip and yes a debate about handles.  The more time I spent with him though I knew he was 'just right' the way he is.  Some pieces just let you know.