Monday 29 April 2013

Elliotts of Newbury (EON) dining suite

SOLD: Elliotts of Newbury (EON) dining suite


There is normally a schedule to follow as jobs are planned for economy of space and time.  All that planning went out the window when I saw this set.  Everything else was set aside as I couldn't wait to get started.

Textilia were super fast with my fabric order (one of the many things I love about them) and after a quick dash across the bridge to collect the fabric it was game on. Did you know it's quite uncomfortable to have a blister between your index and second finger, still, all the old staples are gone.  The feel of the fabric, Range:Tweed Colour:Charcoal is so soft.  I had the usual debate about colour.  Do I go with a vibrant pop, or go subtle and let the frames stand alone as the 'statement'.  In the end I decided that the frames are so exceptional I wanted that to be the focus. It worked. 





Monday, 29th April 2013



I just selected a stunning fabric from Textilia for the new covers.  I decided to go classic and keep it simple.  The design is Tweed, Colour Charcoal.  Super soft but super hard wearing. The order is in and I can't wait to get started.

Sunday, 28th April 2013



I drove North on Saturday to pick up this stunning dining suite from Elliotts of Newbury.  I don't really know what to say, I just sit here shaking my head looking at it.  It's ridiculously pretty. The detail, the thought that went into this set is inspiring.  It's sat here beside me and it has a real presence.  It's in amazing vintage condition, the only thing I will be doing is to recover the seats, these covers have seen better days and no longer do the set justice, apart from that, I'd be loathed to touch it.