Monday 22 April 2013

Don/Airest Furniture 3 Piece Lounge Suite

SOLD: Don...'Airest'? Furniture 3 Piece Lounge Suite


The guys picked the Solar Weave chocolate:  With a nice chunky weave it's one of the fabrics that I love using on my sets.  It sits well against the mahogany and presents beautifully.  I have used the orange version on my own set

Their response : "We are sooo thrilled with our 3 piece. Looks great in our homes- a novel new way to buy (choosing the furniture's new clothes) and was well received by us."






Wednesday 13th March


With so much going on here this one took a little longer than expected.  Finally today she is all done.  Obviously she still needs some new clothes but that will only be decided by the buyer at the end of the auction.  The wood came up beautifully.


Samples of the fabrics available:






There are still a few coats of oil to go, those will be taken care of this coming week.  The one thing that has confused me slightly is that up until I started I would have been pretty comfortable attributing this set to Don Furniture.  As I took the couch apart I came across a label "Inspected by Airest".



 Wednesday 13th March



I managed to get on to these on Monday.  They were taken apart to reset some loose joints, stripped of all their hardware (springs & brackets) and cleared of their old clouded coating.  The frames are in lovely condition with only a couple of small marks to the wood round the feet.  They need a little more gentle sanding but they are coming along nicely now.
 
Sunday 3rd March


I picked up this set the other day.  It needs the works.  Joints reset old coatings removed and some new clothes.  The bones are great with no damage to the wood, all the springs look good and the mechanism in the sofa is still smooth. The foam is nicely softened but with loads of life left and very comfy. 

With this one I think I will to let the new owner choose from a range of fabrics. I'm not entirely sure how this will work yet I'm still working out the plan.  She will get a little modernising and I will probably go without the buttons on the chair back to give a cleaner line to the chair upholstery.