Monday 4 March 2013

Vono Recliner

SOLD : Vono reclining arm chair



All done, I took the old seat cushion apart and replaced the worn section with some fabric that had a complimentary tone and weave size.  It is such a little cracker and has held itself together so well over the last fifty years I thought it only fair to treat it will the lightest hand.










Sunday 3rd March

I picked up this lovely Vono recliner at the weekend and couldn't believe the condition it was in.  I have never seen one in such remarkably good vintage condition.  My only disappointment was that the front of the seat cushion had the usual damage to the fabric.

I absolutely love the fabric it is in so instead of a  full recover I've decided to take a complimentary fabric and put in new front and side panels.  I have a fabric that I had sourced from textilia for an accompanying throw cushion that will tie the two fabrics together.  The two tone may not be to everyones taste but I think it will work well.  I'll be very happy if it's a good result and I can save the rest of the original covers. I think it deserves it.