Wednesday 30 May 2012

Pair of Parker highback lounge chairs

SOLD - Pair of Parker high-back lounge chairs

Who doesn't love the delicate lines of the Parker chairs.... such an iconic piece from the antipodean mid century design movement. 

The wood in this set is stunning and in great vintage condition.  I debated in keeping the original classic shaped back squab but in the end decided to go with a straight cut. I chose a refreshing & simple spring green fabric to contrast against the deep tones of the frame. The throw cushions are from a great 5th Avenue Designs Retro Print Fabric.   


Sunday 27th May

Had a bit of a delay in my latest foam delivery which has set a couple of jobs back a day or three.  I have been sitting looking at my pair of highback parkers just itching to get started. The frames are in overall great vintage condition.  The frames have had a good clean so now they are just waiting for some new clothes.