Wednesday 11 April 2012

Don Furniture Mahogany & Kauri 3 Piece Suite

Restored - Don Furniture Mahogany & Kauri 3 Piece Suite.

View the restored set

This great Don Suite came up from wellington this week. I know, I know, it needs work; A lot of work!  It's a full strip back, all new foam, all new upholstery, joints checked and reset where necessary.  


There are a few repairs to make, but luckily none that will be too visible.  Despite the hours ahead, I love working on these sets.  they are one of my favorite designs from Don.  I guess this love affair started with the 3 set I still have in my personal collection and only solidified with the previous restoration of a pair of chairs earlier this year.  Much rarer than many of their other designs from Don they always hit a soft spot with me.