Friday 13 April 2012

4 Teak High Back Dining Chairs

SOLD - 4 Teak High Back Dining Chairs

| View Finished set

Just went to pick up these high back dining chairs. Bit of a drive but I'm glad I did.  They need work of course but this quartet will be singing by the time I'm finished.  with the solid teak frames in great condition apart from the coating and some new covers, these may just be keepers!  






     
UPDATE: 15th April 2012 - I started work on these yesterday. The frames are coming up beautifully, and as with every piece I work on I am getting attached.  The old clouded and watermarked coating couldn't be saved so on two chairs (so far) it has been removed to once again reveal the original colour and grain of the teak.  As I was taking them apart I found out that these covers are not original. This set once had orange covers in a wool blend fabric.. Ohhh choices choices for the new upholstery.  

UPDATE: 18th April 2012 - After five more hours of upper body workout I just finished sanding the last two chairs, started the oiling process and hoping to begin the new covers tomorrow.  They are coming along beautifully and I am really looking forward to seeing them looking fresh and new.

UPDATE: 19th April 2012 - Well they are really coming together now.  The 4 frames have had their second coat of oil and I managed to get one set of squabs covered.  In the end I decided to go with a lovely light ivory woven fabric.  The frames contain such lovely wood with some stunning grain that I though it best to keep the covers neutral... the frames are the star of the show and it would have been harsh if a fabric were trying to compete with that.