Wednesday 2 April 2014

Parker Knoll Style Armchairs.

Available:  Parker knoll style armchairs


Headed off to Hamilton last week to pick up this super cute pair of little fireside armchairs.  Once I got them back here I let them sit for a couple of days contemplating what to do... restore the wood, change the covers, etc etc.  In the end after spending time with them I decided they were so super cute as they were.





I cleaned and polished the frames & carefully removed the covers.  I gave them a good old hand clean them with an upholstery cleaner.  I removed the old 'horsehair' back cushion inners and replaced them with foam.  New tetron covers were added to the foam and I added a couple of zips to the seat covers.

Ironically it takes a lot longer to do this than to create new covers. In this case though I thought it was well worth it as the color of the upholstery is just up my street and the vintage wear to the frames is just enough to be endearing without being distracting.