Thursday 13 February 2014

3 Piece lounge suite by Morgan Furniture 1968

SOLD: 3 Piece lounge suite by Morgan Furniture 1968


She's all done bar some little tweaks. Looking much happier and feeling better she's ready for her 46th birthday party and will be arriving in style, ready for the next 46.

Wednesday 12th February


I think the solid mahogany frames were sulking.  With the rest of the suite getting the full works the poor frames were feeling a little under-appreciated so in the end I dismantled and gave them the love they demanded.  A full sand back and refinish with Danish oil.  They are much happier now. Just the new covers to do, getting excited to see them all done.

Tuesday 11th February

The set is really coming together.  I decided to take a hint from the colour of the vinyl for the new clothes.  The mahogany is going to contrast beautiful against the new clean look.  A couple more days and she should be ready for a new home.

Sunday 9th February


The couch and both chairs are fully stripped. When I can't sleep I really should try counting staples. Every springs been checked and they all look good.  Under the wood frames I found the Job slip dated July 68, this set is getting it's 46th birthday a little early.  Tomorrow it's time to start building it back up.


Thursday 6th February


Just starting work on this beauty.  Great simple lines and just enough exposed woodwork to keep me happy.  I found the original job card on it.  #12287 date:4.7.68,  I wasn't even a glint in my fathers eye when this was built.

This set is about to get the Full Monty, full strip back and rebuild. Some joints need resetting, the frame needs a polish. The springs need to be checked, the old covers removed, some new foam on the wood frame and all new covers. I've seleced a great fabric from James Dunlop Vanuatu:Sand.