Sunday 16 February 2014

Airest rocket chairs

Available:  Pair of Mahogany Airest rocket chairs


This pair are felling a lot better, with the frames sanded, oiled and waxed.  They have all new webbing, and covers.  I decided to go back to one of my favorite thick weave fabrics Solarweave Rust. The burnt orange tone sets off the Mahogany frames beautifully.

Saturday 15th February


These Airest rockets have been hanging around hidden in yet another dark corner just waiting for their turn. Their time has come.  I removed all the old covers, not too surprised to find that all the webbing needs to be replaced.  The springs are all good.  A couple of joint need a reset and I'm still contemplating fabric.  Time to turn the music up and jump in.

Friday 24th January



These chairs currently remind me of one of those old carpet bags. I think it's time for a little change, don't you?  The frames all look good with the joints strong and steady but that fabric is more than a little unhinged.  The old coating will have to be removed and a little work put into some chipping on one of the arm rests.  The solid mahogany frames will be shining by the time I'm finished.