Thursday 12 June 2014

Peter Hvidt Style lounge suite

Available: Peter Hvidt style Lounge suite.

View Trade Me Listing


After having to take time out I was finally able to get back to work.  This lovely lightform suite was first on the list, I just couldn't resist it any longer.







This is a lovely light-form lounge suite which made me think of Peter Hvidt and his FD148's  designed  for France & Daverkosen in 1953.  I got it quite a while ago and  had it in the house as is.  Now it's time to give it some love.

It has an odd stained coating which hides all the fantastic lamination work in the arms and conceals all the wonderful features of the Beech frames.  She's going to get a strip back and re-seal.  She'll get some new seat chords and some new foam and covers.  I do like the original fabric but it does detract from the frames so I want to go with something a little simpler.