Wednesday 5 June 2013

Parker Furniture Couch & Highback Chairs

SOLD: Parker Furniture Couch & Highback Fireside Chairs.


All done.  This Parker is back to it's former quality and ready for life #2.  New cane, new webbing, new foam, new clothes but all the original lines and unmistakable style of Parker.


Once again the solar weave rust fabric has come to hand for this set. It is still one of my go to's for this era.  It's the depth of the weave and the burnt orange colour that keeps me going back to it. It worked particularly well with this set to bring the tones of both the teak and the Afrormosia together.  I always love working with these sets from Parker, they have such delicate simple lines the epitome of MC design.  






Monday, 3rd May


I knocked apart the chairs and the couch to reset the joints.  Once again it was a three day process to prep the frames. The sanding has to be so gentle to retain all the wonderful original lines and ready them for the new cane and seat webbing.  As always it was nice to get the cane reset (a job I find very relaxing) and then pop the frames back together.  That first coat of oil brought back all the fantastic grain and tone in the woods.  It's a bit of a mix and match set the chairs are teak and the couch is Afrormosia.  I have selected on of my favorite fabrics to bring together the tones of both woods.  Covers here I come...

Wednesday, 29 May


Just got started on these little beauties. I also picked up a couch a while back so if all goes well with a repair to the arm on the couch they may be listed as a set.  I'll have to wait and see on that one.

Monday, 4 March

I got these Parkers at the weekend and I knew what I was in for before I collected them.  They were obviously in a sad state and it was just going to be a matter of degree. They look terrible, the coatings blown, the cane's ripped & the webbing; I'm surprised it still in place.  I couldn't be happier.

What a fantastic pair of chairs, and a great example of exactly why I do what I do.  The frames themselves are gorgeous and even now in this state they are a thing of beauty.  The shaping is so subtle, so delicate & so refined.  If you can't tell already I kinna like these chairs :-).  I've worked with a set before  and also had a three piece suite with the low backs so I know what can be achieved with a lot of time and delicate TLC.  Are they worth the effort?  Oh yea.