Saturday 18 August 2012

70's Tubular sling Lounge Chairs

SOLD: 70's Tubular Sling Lounge Chairs




All done and back to looking great.  The covers came together well and this pair are ready for their new home. Ridiculously comfortable and super 70's.  I would have loved to re-chrome them, if they don't sell and I keep them I will definitely consider re-chroming them in the future. ab pair of chairs.. the only risk is that you sit down to read a book in the sunshine and wake up 2 hours later.







Saturday 18th August


The sling chairs are coming along nicely now and should be listed this week.  I decided to cover them in a similar toned material and chose a hard wearing oatmeal woven fabric.  The chrome was coming away in places so the frames were taken apart, stripped and sprayed with a chrome paint finish.   

Thursday, 28 June

I picked up a great pair of 70's tubular chromed sling lounge chairs.  They don't look much at the moment.  The frames are in need of some cosmetic TLC,  The foam needs to be checked and obviously some new covers are in order. 

Even in this condition though the vintage heritage is obvious and beyond that they are ridiculously comfortable.  Man sized & solid.  The frames are probably a couple of weeks off, so I have time to consider the covers.

The only other one I have seen is from Lovely & Company